Saturday, May 10, 2014

Drying out

What a big (and welcome) change today was from the past few days. The wind was at my back, and the sun in my face that allowed me to cover some serious distance. Having a heavy bike at speed is a bit of and experience, felt a bit like driving a bus. Fortunately, I have been shedding unneeded equipment to lighten the load and simplify things in general. One setback came early this morning where I found out an important bridge I wanted to cross did not allow bicycles, so I had to alter my route to the south. I will miss mainland Denmark for this reason, but there are other places I am anxious to see.

The ride today was filed with open vistas, flat rolling terrain, lots yellow flowers and windmills. It seem there is a flowering plant not that far away. The many towns that I've passed through have charm, and some still hold to the classic design and materials. Still, I'm a bit priced out, and am anxious to get to Germany, so I decided to hold off on partying and spend a few more days camping and biking.

I don't think I've made much ground on any great awakening or realizations about life, except to say that challenges pass, and to keep options open. Many thing I've thought to be worse then they actually were, from wrong turns to culinary errors, but having some resiliency and flexibility, or at least low standards, helps for a successful outcome.

You can look at my pictures here:


You can follow my progress here:

1 Comments:

At May 11, 2014 at 11:29 AM , Blogger Jeremy said...

Keith,

Keep up the good work! There are going to be many challenges, but you are well on your way to being a seasoned warrior of the countryside! You won't even notice the rain soon! Stay warm at night and remember that we're all cheering for you back home!

Jer

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home